I am home. Back in Switzerland. I can't believe it is true, it feels so unreal!
Everything is green, the trees look like you could eat them, the Swiss bread is so crunchy and fresh, the sky is blue and bright and the sun is shining warm for the first time in a long time this year, my Mum said. My aunt, my grandparents, my cousins, my friend, my Mum, my Dad, and my sister came to the airport and I did not know about it! I was so surprised, so shocked, and so happy! I sarted crying and my head was red like a tomato. I could not breath anymore, I was sweating all over, and I felt like I did not have any strength left to push my cart with the luggage any further, not even just out of the way. Somehow I managed to get to the side of the room and I hugged every single person and I cried some more, and I laughed, and they showed me the huge sign with pictures of my year, which they had used to welcome me. I was so happy, and of course I still am! It feels like a dream. Everything. When we drove home, I looked out of the window and it felt like I had never left, although I wasn't used to a lot of things anymore, like how narrow the streets are here in Switzerland, how green the grass and the trees, how small the villages, how close together everything is, and how refreshing sparkling water is.
When I finally arrived at the house with only my Mum because the others had to either go to work or school, Carla, my other cousin suddenly run up to me and I was speechless, I had not expected her here but I was soooo happy to see her! I smiled and laughed and I must have looked very confused, but I didn't care, I was too happy! Then I went into the house. I was so nervous. I didn't remember how I had left my room and I was expecting a big mess. But like every other thing I had finally seen again today, the only thing about my room that was a shock, was that it was so tiny, haha! How funny how perspectives change and how fast you can loose a true memorie about something!
Well, the point of my whole text here is: I AM HOME. I AM HOME. I AM FINALLY HOME AGAIN. And I feel great but confused. Happy but sad. Excited but nervous. I feel home but I miss Arizona, too. I have a lot of plans for my summer, like redesigning my bedroom in a marine style, trying out a new class like: photography or culinary arts, dancing, trying out new recipes from America, Skyping with my host parents, meeting all my friends again, having an 18th Birthday celebration at the lake, studying for my drivers license, going to music festivals, going to a family vacation in Teneriffa, Spain, and relaxing in the hopefully warm summer sun! :-)
Thank you so much guys for reading about everything I experienced this year! I really appreciate your interest in my exchange year and your patience whenever I had some lazy days of not posting anything! ;-)
Thanks a lot! I will probably continue to post pictures and texts here, so don't leave me yet!
With that said, you will hear from me soon.
xoxo, Olivia :-)
Heii Olivia ;)
AntwortenLöschenIch han din Blog vo afang a glese und han jede vo dine Post's so mega spannend und cool gfunde. Ich denke es isch e unvergesslichs Abenteuer gsii :)
Welcome home :P
xoxo Alina (vo Wuppenau) :)
Hey Alina :) Jö, das het mich imfall so mega gfreut! Jo, es isch unglaublich und unvergesslich gsi, ich würds grad wieder mache! Danke vielmol und vilicht hesch jo ez au Luscht übercho en Ustusch mache? Ich chans nur Empfehle! ;) xoxo, Oli
AntwortenLöschen