Dienstag, 24. Juli 2012

The time before my year abroad

 The time before my year abroad


So, here's my first post. I don't know how to start because at the moment happens so much.

Now, there are 24 hours left for me in Switzerland, and I'm getting more excited with every minute.
I got the information for my host family very early, that means in spring holiday I already knew I would live with a women called  Janie.
I was so happy to have all this information that early so I could prepare.

Next year I will attend Payson High School in Arizona and live in Janies wonderful home.
That sounds pretty good right? :)

But when I got this information I had to go to school for 2 more months. I was so excited I thought I could not go to school anymore. I just wanted to leave. I wanted to see Arizona and to meet Janie and to attend school in the USA. What an experience!

But I finished school and then were summer holidays. It was really good to have a little time for thinking about everything and I have to say this 4 weeks until now, were the best 4 weeks for a very long time. My family helped me so much with everything. They supported me with everything and also helped me with all the paperwork. And there is really a lot of paperwork I can tell you!

But we made it and now I'm ready to leave. I'm ready to go to the USA. I'm ready to have a great year in Payson no matter what happens- I will enjoy it!

I'm so looking forward to meeting all this friendly people over there, the EF-stuff but also all the other students who will attend camp with me before going to the host family. And of course I'm looking forward to meeting Janie and her family and the students of Payson High School.

I don't know what will happen. I don't know anything. But what I know is: I will learn so much, not only for school but also for my whole life and I will give my best to do everything with a smile on my lips- Because that is what I feel at the moment about staying in the USA for a whole year.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen